Saturday, March 11, 2006

Houston... we have touchdown.

It is time for my annual pilgrimage to the home of human spaceflight program... or rather to a hotel very near it for a meeting. I'm looking forward to the meeting, there is a lot of great science going on now, and some cool discoveries that I am sure will be announced. Of course, I will get to briefly catch up with a bunch of friends that I pretty much only see at meetings like this anymore - so that will be fun too. In fact, a number of friends live in the Houston area now that some of us try to get together with on Monday night... don't actually get to see Rich or Stacey at the meeting because they are working in the corporate world now... ironically at the same company even though they barely overlapped in grad school... So, I head out tomorrow afternoon and will be back mid-week so that I can take a couple of days while students are gone on spring break and get some uninterupted work done.... In an odd twist, it turns out that my friend Chad who lives on the west coast now, will actually be in Texas too this week on business, but not in Houston unfortunately, and Austin is a little far, but ironic nevertheless... so, I'll be leavin' on a jet 'plane...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home