Thursday, January 26, 2006

yet another thursday...

It has been a pretty quiet week around here. We had a little snow yesterday, but not enough for me to even bother shoveling, especially since it is supposed to be 47 degrees tomorrow. We did get a surprise call this week letting us know that our crib that we were told would be here in 6-12 weeks or so is actually in! They'll hold the crib as long as we want them too, but we will have it delivered in a couple of weeks when I can plan to be home for a few hours during the day (on a day I am not teaching). This is a lot better than some of the horror stories that we heard from people when we lived in DC a few years ago and how many months people were waiting for cribs there. Actually, the dresser for the baby's room should be here in the next few weeks too. That one will be a little more work - it needs to be stained and polyurethaned first and then carried up the stairs. I will have to get some help with that one.... basically things are coming together. Heck, there is even a baby-shower planned for Danette thanks to our friend Beverly... pretty darn nice.

Work has been a little busy this week - mainly because I had to finish up my third-year review package and turn it in to the Department. It is out of my hands now, presumably I will hear something by the end of the semester, which could give me a clue as to how my tenure case might be perceived in a few years... or not. At the very least I got some of the materials for the tenure package together and organized, at least for the first half of my pre-tenure period. Otherwise, the week has mostly been reading and writing, all for my courses... even delving into the philosophical side of science - kind of strange to be exercising that Philosophy part of my Ph.D., especially since I haven't really done that before... but it is good to examine the why and how of the operation of science beyond the technical details... and the students seem to find it somewhat interesting too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home