Saturday, January 28, 2006

50 degrees in January in Cleveland????

You know you are getting older when you remember the Superbowl (#40 this year, sorry - XL) being played on the last Sunday in January.... anyway, it is 50 degrees F out here in Cleveland and I just came back in from doing yardwork of all things. A lot of the month has been kind of like this... a little snow, then it melts and gets into the 40's... it is great as far as I am concerned. I just took the pictures in this panorama a few minutes ago. I trimmed up one of the bushes on the far right near the air conditioner and some of the hedge trees on the left and pulled out the small piles of dead wood. You might be able to make out some orange X's in the back left - the power company is finally coming out to trim and remove trees around the power lines. Residents and the City of Shaker Heights have been on them about this for a while since the big blackout 2 1/2 years ago, and some other local problems around town.

Well, Danette went off this morning to get her hair cut and then to her pre-natal yoga class... she has ambitions for this afternoon of either a movie or more registering at Babies R Us so it is done before her baby shower... we only registered for the really important stuff before xmas, mainly as an impetus for us to decide on the important things like carseats, etc... I think I'd rather go to a movie or do something outside... but we'll see. she'll be back in a bit, so I should get a move on...

And a Happy Birthday to my Mom tomorrow!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home