Monday, February 06, 2006

The Superbowl of... well... okay, football... and other stuff too.

Well, I caught my first NFL football game of the season... and of course it was the Superbowl... haven't really caught on to that whole Cleveland Browns phenomenon thingy yet... actually a little doubtful I will... heck I didn't really pay that much attention to the Rams when they were winning in St. Louis... though I did seem to care a little about the Broncos when I was younger... but that is almost a distant memory now. Prior to the hype of the game, I think I was aware of a total of one player in the game, Jerome Bettis - or the Bus - as I guess he is called. In case you missed the game or had it on mute the whole time, he is apparently from Detroit!

Anyway, why does this all matter... well, some of the commercials were actually interesting (okay, disturbing). Animal (and animal-like) characters were central to many a commercial... the streaking sheep Bud commercial wins the prize for most out-there. Then there was the Godzilla and robot progeny (Hummer H3).... Kermit the frog shilling for Ford was disturbing in a what-happened-to-my-childhood sort of way.... being on my way to fatherhood, I thought the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty was a nice step away from the usual.... but I would like to know if the teenager in the Jessica Simpson Pizza Hut commercial fainted on demand, or reality, because that would be one heck of a shocking pizza delivery.

In other news... apparently it snows in Cleveland during the winter... we got a good snowfall yesterday and last night and I even dusted-off the ol' snowblower.... The kiddo is apparently going to follow in a long-line of swimming afficianados judging by its in utero habits... and we checked out another daycare facility this morning... it was fine, and much closer to the house, but the waiting list extends to November at the moment... not exactly convenient...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home