Saturday, May 06, 2006

pollen, pollen everywhere in a small, small world

yup... it is my favorite part of the year, and this one is a doozy with pollen counts pretty high day after day it seems. Certainly not the worst spring ever, but it at least makes the top 10 I think.... I mowed the lawn yesterday after work... and I actually had to stop a couple of times because of the symptoms... fortunately oak trees are not part of our yard... but they are the predominant tree near my office... oh well, it will have to finish up here at some point.

In other news... not much to report. Danette is well... maybe a tiny bit more tired, but otherwise fine. about 17 days to the due date. I don't think she is at the point yet where she is totally ready to be done being pregnant, but she certainly wouldn't mind sooner rather than later... we shall see what the doc says at the appt this week.

So, here is a 'funny small world story.' I walked across the quad yesterday afternoon to hit up the vending machines for some nice, ice cold carbonated beverage and ran into a staff member in the astro. dept. His son is looking for summer work - hopefully something hands-on in a lab. Cool, I mentioned all the hours I spent cutting and polishing rocks at that age and must have mentioned something about UMD.. and he became quite curious, far more than usual about which building etc. Turns out he went to the same elementary school I did in Duluth - Chester Park (a couple decades earlier) and was even a crossing in front of the house I lived in, before the house was there.... turns out he lived on the corner of Kent and Cottage for a couple years - something like a 3 minute walk from my parents' house and I would have passed it everytime I walked over to Chad's growing up. Amazing how small the world can be some days.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home