Friday, April 14, 2006

car seats... ugghhh.

So, we are basically in the homestretch, a little over five weeks to the due date, and the ever-present "they" suggest having the infant car seat installed about a month ahead of time just in case... plus it builds in some time to get the darn thing checked out by a pro since apparently most car seats are not correctly installed. Around here, I guess that the Shaker Fire Department might check them out a few days a month, and I think a couple of the children's hospitals... I need to look those days/times up... why other than the vague statistic I just paraphrased? There is a reason why so many are poorly installed... it is a real pain to do! I actually didn't need a workout today after trying to install the car seat in both cars (so I would know what might or might not work)...

Furthermore, it has been a while since I spent much time in the backseat... and boy are they small... moving around was difficult, but getting the carrier in and out requires moving the front seats... well, that is requires moving them from the completely back position that I drive in... but you get the idea. It will be a little better when the kid doesn't need a rear-facing carseat any more, but that is a ways off, and will probably coincide with little feet kicking my seat...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home