Thursday, January 05, 2006

of dentists and bookshelves...

I am trying something new today as I am using the Performancing plugin for Firefox 1.5 to write this blog entry directly from my Firefox browser rather than logging into Blogger and typing in the box. We'll see how this little test goes.

Today has been relatively productive as days go - finally got some time (and motivation) to work on the revision of a paper I am working on and did some committee related work. The big work of the day was yet another trip to the dentist. Seems both of the crowns I got in 2003-2004 were not put on that well and a was getting cavities underneath where I couldn't brush if I tried. Fortunately, this one was caught early enough that all should be well when I get a new crown sometime in the next month.

We've (especially Danette) have had some fun comparing notes with our friend Cari who is expecting a baby the week after Danette. I am delinquent in scanning in our ultrasound pictures to share - maybe this weekend.

I was feeling particularly motivated when I got home for once and put together a short bookshelf that we picked up for the baby's room to hold books and toys. Not usually all that exciting of stuff - but man was it so easy, finally something built with home assembly in mind when it was designed. And what's more, it is solid wood - not particle board. I was most impressed - it was so intuitive that instructions weren't really needed, but they were in pretty good shape too. And an object from Target Boutique no less!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home