Wednesday, December 28, 2005

of young and old(er)

We are home now and have completed the holiday circuit (fortunately half of it was at home this year)... seeing both sets of our parents (grandparents-to-be!) as well as my grandmother (see previous post) and my aunts... When my mom and I were sitting with Grandma, we were counting out all of her descendents... our baby will be her 16th great-grandchild when it is born.... that is a number that boggles the mind... My parents also put the old 8mm films from my Mom's childhood (and that of her older siblings) on DVD and we watched it today. It was pretty cool to see what everyone looked like back then... what my great-grandparents looked like other than the couple of pictures I have seen, etc.... pretty cool that we can do those things now and protect that sort of family history.

Since I was speaking of the incoming before, man is that kid starting to let us know it is on its way. About a week ago, I who knows my wife could barely, barely start to make out that her belly was a little different... in the last week (and especially even in the last day!) it is much more obvious to us, though maybe not the stranger-on-the-street yet. Sitting at 19 weeks now, this shouldn't be a surprise, I guess... anyway her abdomen is more like abs-of-steel, than normal. Needless-to-say I just keep grinning (and no, not my usual devious grin)...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home